The Your Insurance Gal office is exceptionally homey. Our space is also home to a few feline friends. Working in a space shared with these kitties introduces a few unique challenges we thought we would share with you.
1. Establishing Authority: As we all work very hard to help you with your insurance needs, we have to battle for control of our chairs, our desk space, and important paper work one cat has decided is a necessary sleeping mat.
2. Lunch time: The human lunch time and the feline lunch time are hours apart. However, cats are not willing to hungrily watch their slaves eat before them. We are convinced the hair in our sandwiches and yogurt is intentional retaliation.
3. Scheduling: The cats are on a tight schedule, never to be interrupted by trivial matters such as appointments or phone calls. If they are not fed, watered, let out, or given a warm bed right not time, there will be consequences.
4. Cat Naps: Another intentional retaliation against we humans is the constant snoozing of our older cat. In her preferred spot, under her lamp, right on the main desk, she peacefully sleeps all day. It is a direct taunt at the lack of work being done by her in contrast to our business. Her final statement of who is really in charge here.
5. Distraction: Despite their superior attitudes, they still melt our hearts with their enormous eyes and playful spirits.