- Health insurance plans offered through the Marketplace are run by private companies.
- You can apply for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) through the Marketplace any time of year. These programs provide free or low-cost coverage to millions of Americans with limited incomes, disabilities, and certain family situations.
- You can compare your options in the Marketplace and see what your premium, deductibles, and out-of-pocket costs will be before you make a decision to enroll.
- If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you may apply for health coverage through the Marketplace outside the Open Enrollment Period.
- Insurance plans offered through the Marketplace can’t deny you coverage because of pre-existing conditions like cancer or diabetes, and they can’t charge women and men different premiums.