It’s that time of the year again when it seems like every commercial is about Medicare Supplements, Med Advantage, Medicare Part A, B, C D, preferred providers, HMOs, and a multitude of options.
Medicare Open enrollment officially begins on October 15 and ends on December 7 in 2017. Open enrollment is a time when people can change their Medicare Advantage and/or Part D prescription-drug plans. If you are happy with your plan and understand the changes they will be making (if any) you need take no action. But if you want new options, are not happy with your experience with last years’ providers or just want to be sure you have the smartest plan for you, this is the time to explore.
Our office will be bustling with activity and we will be available for free consultations throughout the community. We will also be participating in free medicare seminars at multiple locations in SW Washington.
Some of the considerations we will help you with are:
- Understanding Parts C & D
- Learn about how Medicare Ratings and what it means when you hear a provider has a “5 Star Rating”
- Looking past premiums and considering all costs
- Check out your medications and make sure they will be covered if you invest in part D
- Make sure your providers will still be “in-network”
- What services are free with the plans
- What will co-pays look like
It is our job to know what your choices are and guide you through the decision making process.